Terms And Conditions
The following is a legal agreement between you and Ryan Fowler Photography (RFP). Please read this agreement carefully before downloading or purchasing any photograph. By downloading or purchasing any photograph, you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement.
By this agreement, RFP grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, right to use and reproduce photographs in the following ways based on the purchase you have made with RFP:
- On web sites, social media platforms, multimedia presentation, and broadcast film and video.
- In magazines, newspapers, books, eBooks, pamphlets, brochures, catalogs, book covers, textbooks, editorials, CD/DVD cover art and advertising.
- In connection with your business identity on letterheads, posters, brochures, or business cards.
You may NOT:
- Use any photograph other than as specified in the preceding section.
- Use a photograph with pornographic, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or immoral content or in such a manner that it infringes upon any third parties trademark or intellectual property.
- Use any photograph in a way that places a person in the photo in bad light or depicts them in a way that they may find offensive – this includes pornography, tobacco ads, religious and political endorsements, defamatory, or otherwise immoral or unlawful content.
- Resell any photograph.
- Share any photograph by providing access on shared disk drives or network.
- Use RFP photographs to compete with RFP. This includes by way of illustration, not by way of limitation, displaying photographs in any format (including thumbnails) for download on a website. Offering RFP photographs for sale, or including RFP photographs in templates for sale. You may not, for example, create an entire greeting card line based on RFP photographs – or use our photographs as the basis or within a large collection of objects for sale.
- Use the photograph in a website template that you plan to sell or transfer to others.
- Use any photograph as part of a trademark, logo or patent image.
- Produce printed reproductions of any photograph on canvas, metal, paper or other print medium to be sold.
“Non-transferable” as used herein means that except as provided in these terms, you may not sell, rent, load, give, sublicense, or otherwise transfer to anyone the photograph(s) or rights to use the photograph(s). In addition, the work you produce with the photographs must be used for your direct employer, client, or customer, who must be the end user of your work. You agree to take all commercially responsible steps to prevent third parties from duplicating any photograph(s). This may include invisibly watermarking the photograph and identifying that RFP owns the image(s) on the document you intend to use the photograph(s).
If you plan on using the photograph(s) for client work, you must keep accurate and detailed records of which clients you have used the photograph(s) for.
All photographs are copyrighted. RFP own all rights to the images. All rights are reserved by RFP unless otherwise granted to you. Your rights to use the photographs are subject to this agreement and are conditional upon your payment for the photographs to RFP. If at any time your account becomes delinquent, you relinquish all rights to the photograph(s) you have received until all payments and interest are made.
Indemnity And Releases
You agree to indemnify and hold RFP, its employees, directors and suppliers harmless against any damages or liability or any kind arising from any use of the photograph(s) other than the uses expressly permitted by this agreement.
Neither RFP or any of its directors and employees shall be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental, arising out of the use of, or the inability to use, any photograph or photographs.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of Australia.
RFP makes no responsibilities or warranties whatsoever as to the legality or validity of any Release associated with a photograph.
RFP makes no representations or warranties whatsoever with respect to the use of names, trademarks, logos, uniforms, registered or copyrighted designs or works of art depicted in any photograph.
You must satisfy yourself that all the necessary rights, consents or permissions as may be required for Reproduction of any photograph have been secured by you.
All products are sent within Australia Electronically. All images will be delivered as viewed online in web or high resolution JPEG files.
All images are provided un-watermarked for your use.
Returns and Refunds Policy
This is dealt with on a case by case basis, please contact us if you are not entirely happy with your order.
To secure your image license(s), all monies must be paid prior to delivery of the final imagery. You will be sent an electronically generated invoice for payment once confirmation of your order is received.
If you wish to discuss payment options and due payment dates, please add your question to the enquiry for on this page.
Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing or typography errors. Correct prices and promotions are validated at the time the order is placed.
Each image has a license period of 12 months from the date of purchase unless otherwise negotiated. If an image is purchased on February 29th of a leap year, the license will be extended to March 1st of the following year.
Unless otherwise stated “no photo credit is required” in writing, a small caption crediting “Ryan Fowler Photography” as the photographer is required.